Monday, December 16, 2013

The first european euros2bitcoins -cashpoint has been opened - and tested to work!

A local record store called levykauppa Äx opened the first european euros2bitcoins cashpoint in Helsinki Finland. It's tested to work and now I have some bitcoins in my wallet. As Windows Phone is very popular in Finland (39 %) this test was done using Lumia 920 -smartphone. So this is what actually happened:

  • First off I had to open "a bank account" at blockchain.info. Password was needed and a working email as well. After that I saw my account was ok and alive. This all was done with Lumia 920.
  • There was a QR-code on screen of my phone. This code was generated by account. I showed QR-code to the cashpoint which read my code.
  • So now the line was open. All I had to do was to insert some money (in my case 5 €).
  • After only a couple of seconds a transaction happened and my euros appeared as bitcoins on my wallet.
  • I got an email which tells me all important information about my wallet.
  • It was as easy as that!
Some good and bad things came to my mind.
  • Good: I can enter my wallet anytime with a normal web browser. Smart phone is not needed.
  • Bad: My 5 euros are out there. God only knows where. Someone might steal them anytime.
A local record store, cashpoint inside

You can use the cashpoint 
either in finnish or english

I've got some bitcoins in my wallet






No comments:

Post a Comment