Friday, October 4, 2013

Firefox OS 1.2 on Peak-smartphone from Geeksphone

This was already the second time my Peak-phone got an update. I'm so glad it's still supported. Let's hope Peak (which is actually a developer version)  from Geeksphone will receive one or more updates in the future!

Flashing went through nicely although I did read once more this webpage before starting, you know, just in case: http://firefoxosguide.com/firefox-os/how-to-flash-new-rom-on-your-geeksphone-keon-or-peak.html/

It's too early for me to say, what changes are made in Firefox OS 1.2 since I got my peak updated only a couple of minutes ago :P! However earlier this week I noticed Sony is going to release next year a highend smartphone with Firefox OS pre-installed. They already offered FFOS1.0 for Xperia E earlier this year. This goes to show how bigger players really are interested in Firefox OS. Let's hope all the best for Firefox OS!

Peak is updating...

...and success!

No comments:

Post a Comment