Saturday, October 19, 2013

Windows 8.1 Customer Preview will work until January 2014

I installed Windows 8.1 Customer Preview as soon as it came available on summer 2013. Never faced any serious problems with it. I was very satisfied with it.

Now the time has come to get rid of Windows 8.1 Customer Preview. It will work until January 2014. That's what Microsoft says. So why not just install Windows 8.1 RTM? As far as I recall there was an ISO-image available. Because I Installed Windows 8.1 Consumer Preview using ISO-image I'm not allowed to update my Preview to RTM according to Microsoft. My bad :P!

Now what? Well, I have plenty of time to backup all important files before deleting the whole hardddisk. Besides there are many rumors around telling what is going happen after Windows 8.1 RTM. Windows 8.2 or 9 in 2015? Heaven (or Microsoft) knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment