Tuesday, October 15, 2013

With Raspberry Pi and Bluetooth 4 Low Energy you'll get into the iBeacon world

Raspberry Pi which has it's origins in Wales, UK, is again taking one step forward. This time "Raspi" can be transformed into a low-cost iBeacon (Apple) device.

You'll also need a bluetooth 4 low energy -dongle. In my case I bought dongle from Telewell (see the picture below). Not sure if Telewell is compatible with Raspbian. I hope so.

After that you can read through the following instructions:
http://developer.radiusnetworks.com/2013/10/09/how-to-make-an-ibeacon-out-of-a-raspberry-pi.html

I haven't tried it not just yet. But I'm eager to give it a shot.

I've got BT-dongle, Raspi and iPad Mini with receiving
ibeacon software installed waiting for the test

No comments:

Post a Comment